Organizations and Groups
Created in the image of a God who is a community of Father, Son and Spirit, we learn about who we are and how to live through our relationships with other people. Our parish community is a place where we can express our faith, grow in unity with God and others and share in the saving mission of Christ.
- This ministry provides parents of young children the opportunity to attend Mass and special events with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that their children are happy and well cared for.
Coffee & Donuts
- The Fellowship Cafe Ministry serves members of our St. Rita parish by providing refreshments and a place for community fellowship after the Sunday 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM Masses in an atmosphere that encourages the development of new friendships and the solidification of old friendships.
Knights of Colombus
- The Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization for Catholic men at least eighteen years old. It was founded in 1882 to provide insurance for the widows of its members. Since then, the organization has grown to almost 2 million men who donate over $177 million and nearly 80 million hours to charitable and church causes. We are now the largest fraternal life insurance organization in the world with a dedication to provide assistance to our members and their families.
- The Knights charitable activities encompass an almost infinite variety of local, national and international projects. Our own unique charities include the Christian Refugee Relief Fund, Disaster Relief, Ultrasound Initiative, and Coats for Kids. We also partner with international charities including Special Olympics, the Global Wheelchair Mission and Habitat for Humanity.
- Through our Building the Domestic Church initiative, Knights and their families have greater opportunities to participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith, promote the New Evangelization, and strengthen our parishes. These activities include the Family Fully Alive Devotional Program, Father’s Day Affirmation of Wedding Vows, Food for Families and the Keep Christ in Christmas Campaign.
- The Prayer Group provides an opportunity to reach out to others who are suffering or have any spiritual or worldly request or need for prayers.
- When a call for prayer comes in, the Prayer Group is activated and within minutes the prayers begin and are lifted up to God as the members of this ministry immediately intercede for these individuals with prayers for his/her special intention(s) hoping to give them strength in body, courage in spirit and patience in pain.
Matthew 25: 39-40
- To make a difference in the lives of inmates by sharing our faith and showing compassion and love as instruments of God’s love and forgiveness.
- Volunteers meet with a consistent small group and facilitate a Bible Study using the Catholic Serendipity Bible. Volunteers do not seek to be Bible scholars or teachers, but rather facilitate discussions on how the Scriptures apply to everyday life situations.
St. Ann Sewing Group
St. Vincent de Paul
- St. Vincent de Paul is a registered non-profit corporation located at 2200 W DeSoto Street, Pensacola, FL. St. Vincent de Paul provides assistance to needy men, women and families, regardless of race, creed, country of origin or age. Assistance takes the form of food, clothing, financial aid, and referral services. St. Vincent de Paul also works with local agencies and the Pensacola – Tallahassee Diocese through Catholic Charities to provide services geared to immigrant needs, as well as providing a source of volunteers to aid in projects benefiting the needy.
- The Women’s Society of St. Rita’s works in conjunction with other parish organizations to create unity and strength by providing for the needs of the Church, it’s parishioners and the community by involving themselves in a variety of activities which foster fellowship, spirituality, charitable service and altar care.