“Never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid.” – St. JPII
During these uncertain times, we have kept social distancing and sanitation a top priority at St Rita, even cleaning after each Mass and sanitizing the offices regularly.
Unfortunately, one of our St Rita Teammates felt ill last week, they worked from home the remainder of the week as a precaution and took the COVID-19 test on Thursday. They received the results yesterday, Monday July 6th, and the results were positive, showing an active COVID-19 infection. Thanks be to God, our teammate is currently on the mend, but we are taking all necessary precautions so we can help prevent further infections around St Rita.
As a result of the above, we are temporarily closing the St Rita and CTK campuses and cancelling public access Masses. At this time, we will be closed through Friday, July 17th. Even if you have keyed access to our campus, please do not enter our facilities.
Steps we are taking to do our part to keep everyone safe:
- Providing an open line of communication with you, our fellow parishioners.
- We will continue to communicate status updates via Flocknote
- Our Office phone line is still monitored Mon-Fri 9AM-4PM
- All St Rita team members are scheduled to get tested as soon as possible
- We will be doing a complete sanitation of all facilities before reopening
- Mass will be livestreamed and we encourage you to watch those from our website as no attendance will be allowed.
- Daily Mass at 8:30AM; Sunday at 11AM
- Mass Intentions will be honored at these livestreamed Masses.
If you are interested in getting your own test, you have several options including calling your primary care doctor. Alternatively, Florida counties are offering free tests. Here is a link to Walton County’s site for more information: https://www.co.walton.fl.us/1278/COVID-19
We thank you for your understanding and we will continue to pray that you all are safe and free from any issues as a result of COVID-19.
Thank you and God Bless!
Your St Rita Team
Giving to our Parish
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow
- Don’t touch your face
- Keep a 3-6ft perimeter
- If sick, stay home*
*If very sick, go to the hospital
Resources for while you're at home
Please use this page on the diocesan website for more resources and information while you are celebrating Mass at home.
Get the latest information on Saint Rita Parish updates the easiest and quickest way, directly from Fr Michael and his Pastoral Team