The Music Ministry strives to encourage deeper prayer and participation in the Liturgy throughout the year by singing, playing and joyously leading the congregation in song during Mass. There are many opportunities to become involved in the Music Ministry, which include:
- For the Saturday 5:30 PM Mass and the Sunday Masses at 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. You can train to lead the congregation as a Cantor for the Mass you normally attend as well as assisting at Masses offered on Feast Days.
St. Rita Choir
- Sings during the Sunday 10:00 AM Mass where there is also a lead Cantor.
- Piano accompaniment is always needed! Pianists may choose the Mass (or Masses) they prefer to play at, including Feast Days and holidays as well as requesting to only be on a “substitute” list!
- Additional Instrumentalists (guitar, violin, flute, oboe, trumpet, saxophone, etc.) are encouraged to participate whenever available. In addition to attending one of the rehearsals, separate rehearsals with instrumentalists are scheduled as needed with the piano accompaniment.
People of the Pew
- Within the gathered assembly, the congregation’s role is especially important.
- “The full and active participation by all the people is the aim to be considered before all else, for it is the primary and indispensable source from which the faithful are to derive the true Christian spirit.”
– Constitution on Sacred Liturgy No. 14